Guide for managing Virtual Appliance Versions using the portal
This guide presents, how you can manage VA versions through the EGI AppDB portal (the graphical way) in order to add/update/publish Virtual Machine Images.
2. Be familiar with the terminology.
3. Register your Virtual Appliance. The Virtual Appliance instance within the AppDB, provides the high level details of your work and will act as the placeholder for the released Virtual Appliance Images.
4. In case you would like to have write access to an already registered Virtual Appliance by someone else, then please make a request to 'Join as a contact' to the said Virtual Appliance and request to be granted with Manage VA Versions permission level. Upon acceptance by the owner, you will have gained write permissions and therefore be able to modify VA metadata and manage/submit VA versions.
1. Click on the Manage VA versions option or alternatively, go directly to the Virtual Appliances Versions tab; both are available at the top of the VA dialog
2. From the VA Versions tab you should be able to either inspect your latest published version, optionally going through previously released versions or to create a new one.
3. Upon navigating to the Working/New Version nested tab and by clicking on the Create New Version button, you will be able to start a new VA version, a clone of the latest published one (if exists), and therefore:
At the time of this writing, the needed metadata are:
(Advanced - Optional)
5. Click Save.
This option is available to the user if and only if at least one of the participating images has the Autocheck image file metadata integrity checked.
1. Click on the Verify button or on Verify & Publish to perform verification and publishing in one step.
2a. If all the images having the Autocheck image file metadata integrity checked, have been successfully verified, then either the VA version is ready to be published or its being directly published in case the Verify & Publish button was initially clicked.
2b. If at least one image having the Autocheck image file metadata integrity checked, could not be verified, then the associated VA version can not be published. For that image, the sha512 checksum and the filesize should be manually filled.
3. Upon successful verification the Publish option/button should be available.